- 1.2 The Digital Services are provided by Viridian Housing, whose offices are at Colwell House, 376 Clapham Road, London, SW9 9AR and Data Protection Number Z7008259.
- 1.3 For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Viridian Housing.
2 INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
- 2.1 We may collect and process the following data about You:
- 2.1.1 Information You give us: You may give us information about You by filling in forms in the Digital Services, or by corresponding with Us by email or Chat, or by corresponding with other Users by Chat. This includes information You provide when You register to use the Digital Services, download or register MoveMaker or report a problem with the Digital Services. The information You give us may include Your name, address, email address and phone number, landlord's name, the Device's phone number, username, password and other registration information.
- 2.1.2 Information we collect about You and Your Device: each time You access or use the Digital Services, we may automatically collect the following information:
- (a) Technical information, including the type of mobile Device You use, a unique device identifier, mobile network information, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser You use and time zone setting.
- (b) Information stored on Your Device, including contact information, login information, photos or other digital content;
- (c) Details of Your use of the Digital Services including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data) and the resources that You access.
- 2.1.3 Location information: we may also use GPS technology to determine Your current location.
- 2.1.4 Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information): we work closely with Registered Landlords and other housing association landlords and may receive information about You from them.
3 USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- 3.1 We use the information we collect to provide the Digital Services including publishing your property details for viewing by other users, the 'Swap' and 'Chat' functions, and to communicate with the Users. We may aggregate the information to identify patterns which we can use in our marketing and to help us develop, administer, support and improve the Digital Services.
- 3.2 We may use Your Information to contact You for Your views on the Digital Services and to notify You occasionally about important changes or developments to the Digital Services.
- 3.3 We may use Your Information to contact You with details about any other products or services we or our partners or advertisers offer that may be of interest to You. Where You have consented to being contacted by third parties, we may make Your Information available to them. If You change Your mind about being contacted in the future, please email us at: email@example.com
4 DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 4.1 We retain access to all personal information that we have collected from You.
- 4.2 We may disclose some or all of the data we collect from You with other Users of the Digital Services and Registered Landlords in connection with the use of the Digital Services, including but not limited to verification of property details and arrangements for 'Swap'.
- 4.3 We may disclose Your personal information to third parties:
- 4.3.1 In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose Your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- 4.3.2 If Viridian Housing or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its Users will be one of the transferred assets.
- 4.3.3 If we are under a duty to disclose or share Your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- 4.3.4 In order to enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions and other agreement or to investigate potential breaches by You.
- 4.3.5 In order to protect the rights, property or safety of our Users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction. Please also see paragraph 4.6 below;
- 4.4 Notwithstanding paragraphs 4.1 to 4.4, we will not disclose, sell or distribute Your personal information to any third party without Your permission unless we are required to do so by Law.
- 4.5 Fraud detection
- 4.5.1 Any personal information disclosed on the Digital Services, or in any other way provided to us online or not, may be disclosed for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud. We reserve the right to share any submitted data with the Audit Commission and other third parties for this purpose.
- 4.5.2 The information collected may be used for the purpose of data matching. This involves comparing the information we hold on You with that held by third parties solely for the purpose of detecting and preventing fraud. Your information will not be matched or shared for any other purpose. We may also use Your information to further investigate fraud that we think might have been committed. This involves checking with various third parties, such as the Land Registry, banks, schools and utility companies, Registered Landlords and other housing association landlords.
5 SECURITY AND LOCATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 5.1 Under the Data Protection Act 1998, We have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from You. We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard Your data, and keep strict standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. We recognise however that this medium can never be fully secure and You should be aware of this when You use the Digital Service.
- 5.3 Notwithstanding paragraph 5.1, You accept that we are not responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal information except to the extent required under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- 5.4 Where You have chosen a password that enables You to access certain parts of the Digital Services, You are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask You not to share Your password with anyone.
- 5.5 We will retain Your information for a reasonable period or for as long as is required by law.
- 6.1 You can access and amend Your personal information being held by Us by logging into Your MoveMaker account, selecting 'My Profile' and editing Your details. Before You are verified by Your landlord You may edit all of Your personal details. Once you have been verified by Your landlord You can only edit Your telephone number. Your first name, surname, postcode and address cannot be changed.
- 6.2 The Data Protection Act 1998 gives You the right to access information held about You. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing You with details of the information We hold about You. You can make an access request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7.1 Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enable us to provide You with a good experience when You use the Digital Services by allowing us to simplify the signing-in procedure, keep track of Your preferences and to track the usage of the Digital Services.
- 7.2 Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in the hard drive of Your computer by Your browser. Your browser will have the option to prevent websites using cookies (Your browser's help screen or manual will tell You how to do this), but please note that this may reduce the functionality of the Digital Services.